This policy is for all coaches working on behalf of Kudos Athletics Ltd.
The purpose of the policy is to safeguard the interests of the young people who participate in Kudos Athletics sessions by promoting a safe, positive environment.
Kudos Athletics adhere to the following principles:
The child's welfare is paramount.
- All children have a right to participate in athletics in an enjoyable and safe climate.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse.
- Adults looking after children in the absence of the person with parental responsibility will take reasonable care in all circumstances, regardless of the age of the child.
- Young athletes have a right to expect appropriate management, support, personal and social development with regard to their involvement in all levels of athletics.
- All coaches working for Kudos Athletics who come into contact with children will be subjected to a CRB check for Child Workforce positions.
- All incidents of suspicious poor practice and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- In the pursuit of good practice in the delivery and management of athletics a child is recognised as being under the age of 18 years.
Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO)
Name: Becky McCall
Phone: 07880 502832